Monday, September 24, 2012

Season to Celebrate


























 This past weekend was a lighthearted one. Lots of celebrating going on, and I was so blessed to be a part of so many gatherings.

Friday was the birthday of these 3 beagles. While I love my cats, my boyfriend is a dog person, and these 3 are just so adorable. We had to stop at Petsmart and get them a Pup Pie. Funny story: the father beagle actually ended up stealing half of the pie off the counter. At least the birthday beagles (Cleo, Monster & Blinker) each got a piece before it was gone.

Saturday I attended a wedding in San Diego. Ceremony at Balboa Park and reception at Luce Loft. We enjoyed playing dress up for the photo booth (I masqueraded as Darth Vader and my friend Mike as President Obama -- HAHA). The centerpieces were cactus and the wine was Tempranillo.

Sunday we all enjoyed a group brunch at Angelo's & Vinci's. I was so happy to spend the weekend with those friends who are so close, we are like family. I love it when there's a great coming together for love, for food, good wine, and occasionally, a beloved pet (or 3).

Here's hoping these blessings continue into the coming week : )


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend. It's always wonderful to share food, wine and laughter with friends! Even better when you have such great settings for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great weekend! Cute story about the pup pie and the Beagles. Oh boy what a cute picture! Happy Fall to you!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say beagles! I LOVE beagles.
    So glad you had a wonderful weekend. Ciao for now Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a blast...love those pups!
    Had a festive weekend myself. entertained a house full of guests, then a sleepover birthday party for my son and then warched my nephew (a pro soccer player from LA (Chovas USA, not Galaxy) play DC United on Sunday. I'm exhausted.

    ReplyDelete