Thursday, July 26, 2012

Looking Forward to it







The publishing world can be a strange place where we often lack chronology. Things happen so far in advance that sometimes you feel like you are watching your life being lived months and months out. To give you an example: I am going to the pool every weekend and drinking iced coffee, yet at work I am focusing on Winter issues.

The fashion world is similar in that the fall couture shows appear in July. While perusing the gorgeous offerings from Chanel, Elie Saab and Valentino, I noticed a lot of coats. These designers played with volume, length, texture, color and shape to create current and cozy designs. I pinned my favorite  looks here.

When keeping in mind coats for the colder seasons, I am fascinated by old Hollywood glamour and vintage inspiration as well as contemporary couture looks. I think these pieces from Schultz Furrierare the perfect mix of classic Hollywood and what's going on in fashion now. Some of these coats look like they are painted on, the movement of the color and texture just translate so well. And the ombre piece -- now that's a great idea! Schultz is family owned and offers repairs, reworkings and even storage (to free up closet space during those sweltering summer months). Definitely something to look forward to.






1 comment:

  1. Just LOVE these coats, Beth! My, I'd wear them all!
    Also love your new look, it's very classy, well done you!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete