Thursday, June 28, 2012

Turquoise Affair










Last night was magical. It was the opening party for Art a Fair, an event I attend every year in my hometown of Laguna Beach. Art a Fair is always like a reunion. I run into lots of familiar faces, including this one and was invited by the lovely and sweet Elizabeth - whom I adore.Elizabeth makes beautiful jewelry that you will be seeing in print shortly : )

As a girl who loves to play dress up, I auditioned several outfits before settling on one of my absolute favorite maxi dresses/best purchases of all time from H&M. I wanted to wear a handmade statement piece since this was an artisan event, and I loved adding the turquoise on turquoise of one of my favorite (if not my favorite) necklaces by the fabulous Denise Yezbak Moore. I topped it off with a vintage ring, a huge green rock ring I found in a tiny store in Vegas, and my Gorjana Viceroy bracelet. I had to wear huge wedges since this dress is long, so my shoes are Juicy Couture, and my feet still hurt from walking in them all night : (

Please excuse the stereotypical self-portrait shots of me. Being an editor, I am very picky about pictures and all the ones my boyfriend took of me outside, I just did not like. Mad props to our photographer at work who can always get a good shot of me. Now, that is talent!

After Art a Fair we went out for a romantic dinner at French 75, one of my absolute most favorite places in the world let alone Laguna. We ate outside by a fire, sipped champagne, ate mussels and olive tapenade and watched the stars glow over the ocean. This place houses so many memories for me. I remember my 25th birthday inside the French restaurant while decorated for Christmas, my mom's first visit to Laguna Beach, and my friend's going away party where we danced to the piano player's music. I remember when my former roommate and I would wander the sidewalks of Laguna Beach after work in the summer and we would just tell each other "We are so lucky to live here." I found myself saying the same thing last night as I walked the sidewalks, my feet blistering, holding the hem of my dress up so as not to crush it beneath my wedges. I looked up at the lights from the houses on the hillside and smelled the salt in the air and felt the chill on my skin; this is a blessed life.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post, it makes me miss being a flight attendant and visiting CA as much as possible! I have been working on a huge turq necklace since yesterday! Did you wear you fab new D&G shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did not wear the D&G shoes with this dress, as you wouldnt have been able to see the cherries and then my feet would have really been killing me. Please blog about or send me a pic of your turq necklace when done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth!
    Such a great post! I finally got here and was able to read a post and leave a comment!

    I love your dress! H&M was one of my favorite stores when living in Europe. The price is always just right! And so are the styles.

    Have a great week

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete