Thursday, May 24, 2012

Holy Shoe Grail





I'm not lying when I say I have been looking for these shoes for a long time. I remember when I first saw a similar pair on eBay. I didn't bid on them and I have regretted it ever since. Then I saw a pink version on Susie Bubble's blog. They looked so wonderful on her, I knew I needed these Miu Miu canvas rhinestone heels. I found a pair on eBay a few months ago, and it was the first time I had seen them in years, but they were retailing for over $400! Then the other day I was fueling my eBay addiction, and lo and  behold, the elusive Miu Miu Canvas Lux Grezzos appeared. I had never seen this strappy version before, but with the ability to make an offer I could afford to take a chance. My offer was accepted, and I had these shoes on my feet the next day. I actually love the strap detail and how they make my legs and feet look. Who would have thought canvas could be so elegant? Now I think I need some new summer dresses and skirts to wear them with : )

I know I have said before, good things come to those who wait. And these shoes reminded me once again of that lesson (which pertains to more than shopping, of course). Lately I feel like I have been struggling with being patient. It's hard when you want something oh so bad, and you feel like you have earned it, but then you are put on hold. I'm really trying to keep everything balanced, stay focused, and take my mind off the waiting around I feel like I am doing. When I wear these shoes and look down at them, I want to be reminded of the rewards that come when the time is right.




3 comments:

  1. I am afraid you may have addicted someone else to your obsession. I'd write more but I have to go stalk ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh precious friend~~look at those amazing shoes and goodness girl the wisdom you bestow while dishing fashion! You have learned a valuable lesson that most people don't until they are much older~~You are an amazing write and what ever it is you are waiting for will come at just the right time! Crossing fingers and saying prayers for you.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your words hit home and truly inspire!

    ReplyDelete