Friday, April 27, 2012

Thinking Inside the Box





On the second day of Art Camp we exchanged cigar boxes with our camp sister. We were encouraged to get to know our sister and then fill a box based on things we think they would like. I had to admit, it wasn't easy for me to write about myself to a stranger. I actually think I just sent her here, to my blog. I didn't know what to expect, as I had never done a swap before.

But what I got in return was beyond anything I had imagined. Let's just say, Laurie did her homework. Her cigar box was made to look like an issue of Vogue, which I of course, love reading. It even had a masthead, a spine, back cover, and cover lines including my name. And on the inside, it looked like I had exploded. It was full of chocolate trays covered in pink, black, white, and gray jewels, beads, baubles, crowns, charms, candy, trim, and even some English themed goodies. I actually think Laurie did a better job of capturing me than if I had made the box for myself!

Thank you Laurie, from the bottom of my heart for all your hardwork, and for really "getting" me. I hope to show this project in detail in an upcoming Jewelry Affaire. Stay tuned. 

1 comment: