Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Getting Ready



Getting ready is an art form. Unfortunately, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I cannot dwell in front of the mirror or in my closet as long as I would like. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the days I have strength training classes after work, and therefore have to be out of the office earlier as opposed to later. Today is a Wednesday, and I thought I had my outfit all picked out the night before ... but then I tried it on this morning. Not so good.

Since I had to start over, I quickly ran through in my head what I had to wear, the weather for today (cold!) and what I had to do at work (not a lot of walking or lifting = high heels). Since I am very much into wearing my new Jeffrey Campbell's right now, I thought it would be fun to wear basic black all over and use my new shoes and a bunch of jewels to play.

As I said before, it's been quite cold, so I grabbed my favorite animal print hat from H&M and did something I have wanted to do for a while: make use of all my vintage brooches. Pictured above is just some of my collection. I added a few that matched the color scheme of the hat to its base and threw it on. Since my hat covers my ears and my sleeves are long, I cant wear earrings or bracelets. I figured the brooches would add enough sparkle for the day, plus a few vintage gold rings.

And since I saw the lovely, wonderful, creative Deb yesterday, I threw on the Audrey Hepburn tote she made me and was out the door by 8:10. Getting ready is so exhausting, but oh so worth it. Sometimes it's better when things don't turn out as planned.

Oh, and Deb now has a fab YouTube channel. You must check it out! She will be doing a giveaway for one of her bags (similar to the Audrey one above) when she reaches 100 subscribers. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth,

    LOVE the Hepburn bag...way too cool. She was such a classy lady.
    I am sure you look lovely every day of the week..bling or no bling!

    Hope all is well

    Janet xox
    Te Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete