Monday, July 26, 2010

The Perfect Circle









One of my favorite TV indulgences these days is Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. You must check it out, Tuesdays at 9. You know, it's funny, summer TV is usually bad but my mouth waters in anticipation for this show. The upside: it informs me of new cupcakeries in my area. The downside: Every time I watch it I crave dessert. My new dream job is to be a judge on that show.
Through Cupcake Wars I learned of The Perfect Circle Cupcakery in Downtown Orange (http://www.tpccupcakery.com/). I couldnt believe it, a cupcake place near me that I had not been to!
Yesterday I went down to Glassell among antique shops, tea rooms, and diners serving fried goods to indulge in one of these beauties I had been craving for so long. I can't say that I've ever found a cupcakery that was more "me." Audrey Hepburn greets you at the window in her famous Breakfast at Tiffany's shot (only at TPC she's holding a red velvet cupcake instead of a pastry). Audrey is in the store too and the walls are Tiffany blue. Yeah, I would definitely have breakfast here and window shop the vintage and antique stores.
The other color patterns are black and white with big, faux diamonds adorning the tables. The air smells sweet and warm, like the oven in your own kitchen . I ordered a bacon, peanut butter & chocolate cupcake (featured on Cupcake Wars) that I enjoyed in the store (the building was built in the 1920s FYI). And I took home 2 beauties that I had to resist the urge to eat straight away: a dark chocolate cupcake (nicknamed the King) and a caramel bordeaux. Love at first bite.
Check out their Web site to get an idea of their offerings and some fun facts. What I think is really cool is that they offer special custom cupcakes which they aptly named Couture Cupcakes (I love it!). They have a Merry Me Cupcake, an I'm Sorry Cupcake, and even a Royal Cupcake that comes with a rhinestone monogram topper. A hint to all those who read this: I will without a doubt accept cucpakes as a form of bribery, apology, or wedding proposal. This may just be my favorite cupcake place yet.
So all in all, you can buy happiness. It costs $3 a pop, comes in a Tiffany Blue and white box, is endorsed by Audrey, and can be found at 165 N Glassell St. Orange, CA. I'll see ya there!
















2 comments:

  1. Eeeek, Beth I was just there last Weekend with a bunch of friends. To Die for Cupcakes. The Decor is so Cute too. It's a Perfect Ending to a Fun day in Old Town Orange...Did you Shop a bit too??? There was a store a few doors down, I can't remember the name and I fell in love with it, bought a few pillows. So Cute, Now Im hungry... Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo ..I go to Orange often ..will have to try this place then next time I'm there ..Yummy !!!

    I'll take cupcakes for bribery too...LOL !!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete