Monday, June 21, 2010

Experimental Jewelry?







Check these out. Bandana? Scarf? Nope - bib necklace. In an experimental design where fabric meets bead, meets the trendy bib option, these necklaces represent experimental jewelry. Perhaps its postmodern, perhaps its a different take on chunky pieces, and perhaps it's the new statement maker. I love that these designs are made of fabric, have bling, and make onlookers curious. I think if a piece of jewelry intrigues a viewer then mission accomplished. Their headbands are also super chunky and shiny. Perhaps you could cut up a vitnage beaded blouse and have some similar haute headwear. Iamgine all the possibilities. These beaded beauties are by ROARKE New York (www.shopbop.com) and I can see them having serious style influence. I dare you to experiment and ignite my curiosity for the next Jewelry Affaire deadline (11/15/10). Sometimes it's the most out of the ordinary, unconventional pieces that are the true statement makers and risk takers. Will you take a risk?

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! These put the fun in FUNky! I have a spectacular bib necklace made from hardware store parts that gets people talking every time I wear it. I think it needs to be shown to more people in the world and I am working on that! Thanks for sharing such intriguing inspiration!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I am intrigued. Perhaps that necklace or one just like it should be sent in. Im curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with these bib necklaces! Thanks for sharing!
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete