Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jess LC & Jewelry Research







I've been doing my homework lately, studying and preparing for the next Jewelry Affaire. I feel I may have backed myself into a corner because the first one was so good (if I do say so myself). Luckily loads of research is something I have never minded doing. In college I loved the long hours spent among dusty books in libraries, and I love it today, looking at magazines, Etsy, and blogs. Good thing a blog led me to Jess LC jewelry (www.jesslc.com). I love the architecture of these pieces. They are seemingly simple, yet something about them is so regal.
The layering of chain and loop is intriguing. I love how jewels and beads are not the key piece, but rather it's the chain that holds the interest. I also love the play on silver and gold. Color is used but only sparingly. Great minimal restraint. Classic jewelry. More from Jess in the next Jewelry Affaire.

3 comments:

  1. Love these, Beth! You find the most amazing things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Your eye... I have no doubt the next will even top the first... ♥
    Im now getting addicted to blogging, hummm. I just need to get used to writing down my thoughts. Fun and informative in so many ways. Most of all, I find it uplifting. The stories, the designs and it's all good.
    Lindalou

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like my designs! I love how you definitely captured my style, we call it "Naturally Graceful."

    :)

    ReplyDelete