Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gifted & Talented







The best part of this weekend's Mermaid Mercantile? Receiving this amazing gift from Mary (http://sweetpeasandsnapshots.typepad.com/) and Linda (http://www.lamaisonrustique.typepad.com/). I had wanted to meet Mary for a while. She sells fabulous vintage inspired headbands, but it's her animal brooches that really catch my eye. She is always decked out in vintage and looks so classic. Can you believe she and Linda made me this gorgeous piece to hang? It's like she knew me before we even met. Kindred spirits. I will cherish this forever, it's so me. I love fashion-inspired art, and the bling and color are perfection. Perfection!
Did you see the wrapping job? A vintage hanger, tulle, and papers. I couldnt open it (a first when it comes to gifts), it was just TOO pretty. I now use the hanger to hang one of my priciest coats. It's actually been a longtime goal of mine to embellish hangers. By the way, if anyone is reading this and wants to take on that project, I welcome it for Somerset Home.
I thought it only fitting to hang my new prized possession right next to Audrey, so I can look to both of these girls for stylish inspiration and to be reminded of the value of generosity. A special thanks from the bottom of my heart to the talented Mary and Linda for making my day and giving me the gift of a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. So Pretty. LOVELOVELOVE the colors and the gorgeous hanger. Linda is so creative and I love to go to her barn sales in Temecula. Mary always looks so pretty and makes adorable headbands that I just cannot resist.Lucky you a fabulous treasure made just for you, Thanks for sharing it with us. !!!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth,

    What a fabulous gift you received from Mary!
    Love it! Mary has an exquisite taste...


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete