Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I Bought Today: Black Friday Edition





























OK, so this is actually what I've been buying over the past few days. I have been buying gifts too (I swear) but I obviously cant post pictures of those. So this is a slightly skewed glimpse and it may appear selfish, but really there are very good deals out there. I scored some excellent finds on the gifts I purchased for other people too.

Black Friday is actually my favorite shopping day of the year. I wake up at 4 a.m. like it's Christmas morning, get a Starbucks holiday beverage, and get ready to hunt. It's like the olympics of shopping. This is what I practice all year for (that's my excuse). The only bad thing is waiting in line.

At South Coast Plaza I found these Alexander McQueen tights on pre-sale at Nordstrom, so I will be picking them up and taking them home on Tuesday. Houndstooth is my favorite print and McQueen is doing a lot of cool things with it right now (check out http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/en/shop/womenswear.aspx). Black and white and always classic, I love the look of this punk rock yet chich print. I just found out its my mom's favorite too.

Then yesterday I ventured over to Kohls for more gifts when I saw these boots for $29.99! I couldnt pass them up. They are suede, gray, flat and will be perfect to wear on rainy days when i dont want to get my leather designer boots wet and when my Uggs are too casual for the occasion. I also got these leopard print tights. For some reason I'm going through a tight obsession right now. I've always loved animal print because it's so fun and because I've been eyeing these Juicy leggings for a while http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=438498&CategoryID=8952&PartnerID=SHP&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Womens-_-PANTS-_-Juicy_Couture_LeopardPrint_Velour_Leggings&utm_source=GoogleProduct&utm_medium=organic so this is kind of like my look for less. Im still thinking about how to pull off the leopard tights. Maybe Ill do a posting when I have it all paired up. I have an idea though.

My other new favorite store besides Kohls is Neiman Marcus Last Call. They just opened one in Orange and I already cant wait to go back. Mainly because I saw some Marni pumps I want to get my hands on. I found this perfect party dress that Ive been wanting for a while: silk, black and with a feathered hem. By Juicy Couture. My birthday is this week so Im thinking this dress will make its debut over celebratory champagne. I also found this silk trimmed tank for $4!! It's modal, gray, and a basic staple. Here's what it looks like on (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod86710004&eItemId=prod86710004&searchType=SALE&parentId=cat980731&icid=&rte=%252Fcommon%252Fstore%252Fcatalog%252Ftemplates%252FET1.jhtml%253FN%253D314%2526st%253Ds).

Hope everyone else found some awesome deals too. Stay tuned for the Day After Christmas Sale results (my second favorite shopping day of the year).














No comments:

Post a Comment